Tsavo East and Tsavo West National Park is about 240km from Nairobi and is one of the most attractive natural rangelands.
The major attractions in this area besides its scenic view of Mt Kilimanjaro’s snow capped Mawenzi and Machame peaks are the famous Mzima Springs, with its rich aquatic and visiting terrestrial fauna, these springs spew out crystal clear fresh water that supplies the city of Mombasa.
The spectacular ‘Shetani Lava Flow’ is a site to behold; formed in mid 1800AD the lava spreads about 8km in length and about 6km in width. This park is best visited in combination with Amboseli National park.
Why you’ll love these national parks
- The parks are home to many large mammals including red elephants, rhinos, lions, leopards, buffalos, hippos and crocodiles
- Visit the magnificent Mzima natural Springs
- Spectacular Shetani lava flows formed only a few hundred years ago
- Some of the most outstanding game viewing in the world
- Ngulia Sanctuary – home to the endangered black rhino
- Roaring Rocks and Poacher’s Lookout offer panoramic vantage points to view the wildlife
- See the teeming aquatic wildlife at Lake Jipe
- Fantastic for birdwatchers with over 500 recorded species