The Ngong Road Forest Sanctuary is situated just 6km from Nairobi’s Central Business District this 1224ha forest serves as a lung for the 4 million Nairobi residents cleaning the carbon dioxide generated by numerous machines in the city. The forest offers natural earth tracks ideal for jogging, cycling, walking and horse riding.
We offer cycling on mountain bikes for guests visiting the forest. Contact us for more information.
Why you’ll love this forest sanctuary
- Amazing bird watching with over 120 species of birds
- Panoramic views of the Great Rift Valley
- 35 species of mammals
- Over 200 species of indigenous trees and plants
- Big mammals include spotted hyenas, leopards, dik diks, civets, bush bucks, warthogs, and clawless otters
- Well marked walking trails