Lake Nakuru National Park is one of the pristine destinations that come highly recommended for anyone visiting Kenya. This park is 160km from Nairobi and is renowned world over for its prolific birdlife. It boasts of having over 450 different bird species and thousands of both lesser and greater flamingoes not to mention numerous migratory species that visit the area enroute to other destinations. It is simply a birder’s paradise.
The white rhinos and large herds of cape buffaloes are hard to miss though the tree climbing lions also do add to spice the safari if sighted.
Our safaris to this park is ideally a day’s excursion or one night stopover enroute other destination.
Why you’ll love this national park
- Rich birdlife with thousands of flamingos (Greater and Lesser)
- 56 different wild mammal species including tree climbing lions, cape buffaloes, both black and white rhinos, waterbuck etc
- Over 450 species of both resident and migratory birds
- Great vantage viewpoints from Lion hill, Baboon cliff and Out of Africa
- Over 550 different plant species including the largest euphorbia forest in Africa
- Visit the splendid Makalia waterfall