Amboseli National Park, this park is best known for its vast herds of ‘The most studied African elephants in the wild’. Situated at the foot of Mt Kilimanjaro this park is about 392km square and is home to large herds of buffalos, prides of lions, numerous cheetahs among other game.
Why you’ll love this national park
- Large population of well studied elephants
- Fantastic view of Mt. Kilimanjaro the tallest mountain in Africa
- All of the Big Five (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, elephant and buffalo)
- Observation Hill which allows an overall view of the whole park especially the swamps and elephants
- The wetlands area below Observation Hill hosts many elephants, buffaloes, hippos and a variety of water fowls like pelicans, Egyptian geese
- A once-in-a-lifetime chance to experience the Masai Culture if interested in Masai home visits